Saturday, February 22, 2014

Cutting the Carbs

I have poly cystic ovarian syndrome and Type II diabetes.  My endocrinologist has recommended that I go on a low glycemic index diet or insulin resistant diet.  Basically lower my carb intake!  Well, I didn't realize fruit, milk and yogurt contained so many carbs.  I thought I was eating healthy foods!  So this week I have changed what I'm eating.  It actually has been easier than I thought.  The protein makes me much fuller.  I have already lost 6 pounds this week!  I hope I can keep it up.  Please pray for me to continue on this successful journey and I would love for you to join me.

This week to help out I broiled 5 chicken breasts on Sunday.  I diced them up and sprinkled Mrs. Dash on them.  Yummy on my salads, alone and one day a baked potato with a little ranch dressing!

God's blessings to your upcoming week!

No comments:

Post a Comment